The trials, tribulations and nonsensical babbling of a triathlete training for her first Ironman.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Teetering on the Edge

I am so tired today. I have been for the last 3 days. It's like everything I've done over the last month is finally catching up with me. I have a feeling that this is going to become a regular thing in the coming months. My workout load this week is 14:45 (almost 15 hours). I bailed on a bike ride last night as I was so tired. I couldn't face getting on my bike and physically exerting myself--I had intervals to do to top it off so it would have been a really hard workout. I was so tired I was tripping over my own feet. I feel like that this morning too. I can't wait to get home to go to sleep. I know I could easily put my head down on my desk and fall asleep no problem. Probably not a good idea. Very tempting, but probably not wise. At least I only have less than 3 months of this left. That's a good thing and a bad thing I suppose. The good thing is that after July 23rd, I can finally sleep in. The bad (or scary) thing is that in between me and those sleep - ins is an Ironman. But, I think I am starting to get my head around it. We're going down to LP in 4 weeks for a training camp with our coach so by that point, I hope to have a good handle on the race--especially the swim. That is my biggest fear. But I think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. As usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home