The trials, tribulations and nonsensical babbling of a triathlete training for her first Ironman.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Super Size Me

Yesterday the hubby and I went up to Orangeville to spend the day with our coach and a bunch of other like-minded masochists for a "Supersize Training Day". This consisted of a 2 hour swim session in by far, THE nicest pool I have ever swam in, lunch, followed by a 3 hour spin session on our bikes / trainers. During the swim session, Richard (our coach) filmed us swimming. It was quite entertaining to see myself swim--it looks much more different than the way I think it does when I'm in the water. I feel like I have a long, fairly fluid stroke, but I don't really. He then made us do single arm drills and filmed us doing those. Now THAT was REALLY entertaining. Those drills are really difficult to do well / properly. All the weaknesses in your form become painfully obvious. There was a whole lot of thrashing about in the pool, some did much less thrashing than others. It just made me realize how much I have to work on in my swim stroke. But it also made me realize how far I've come from when I started swimming 2.5 years ago. All in all, it was a fun day. Long, but fun and needless to say, I slept like a baby last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home